GMA STATEMENT ON
The Gozo Motocross Association is constantly monitoring the situation of the COVID-19 pandemic and is following all guidelines issued by the government and health authorities.
In this regards, the Gozo Motocross Association would like to advise the following measures which are to be implemented with immediate effect:
1. All attendees including riders, association members, security personnel, medical personnel and the general public must present a valid vaccination certificate recognized by the superintendent of health, in order to be allowed entry into the racetrack and its premises.
2. Signage shall be installed at entrance gates and/or other ingresses/entry points that outline mandates for all guests to wear face coverings, maintain physical distancing, and mandates guests do not enter the track if they display any COVID-19 symptoms as outlined by the health authorities.
Most common symptoms:
Less common symptoms:
aches and pains,
loss of taste or smell,
a rash on the skin, or discoloration of fingers or toes.
3. Persons who are sick with fever or cough, the elderly, or those at high risk, should stay at home. Please do not attend any of the events organized by the Gozo Motocross Association.
4. Only member riders, committee members, health supervisors (doctors & nurses), ambulance personnel, security personnel, and people with an official GMA issued access tag (provided that they are not showing any COVID-19 symptoms) shall be allowed entry at the track. Non-members and fay riders are not accepted at the moment.
5. Personal information (Name, Surname, ID Card No., Contact No.) and body temperature shall be logged and recorded for each person upon entry.
6. A minimum safe distance of 2 meters is to be kept at all times between each person.
7. Mandatory face mask usage in all areas of the track, including entry queues, concourse spaces, and concession lines. Masks are to be taken off by riders only when wearing a helmet and participating in a race.
8. Everyone is urged to wash their hands often and use hand sanitizer. Hand sanitizer stations shall be available throughout the track.
9. No handshakes and minimal bodily contact is recommended.
The Gozo Motocross Association would like to thank all of its members, riders, and fans for their patience during this difficult time, and we appreciate the steps taken by many individuals, clubs and organizations to support local communities during these unprecedented events.
The association shall continue to closely monitor government and health authorities' advice around events and public gatherings and will publish additional updates as and when necessary in line with the government and health authorities guidelines.
Our main priority and commitment is to the health, safety, and security of everyone.
For further information and the latest updates, please visit the Ministry for Health website at www.health.gov.mt
We would remind all members that these plans are subject to change, and will be taken in line with the latest government and health authorities' guidance.
Stay Safe. Stay Strong.
Updated: September 2021